Neurobiology, the study of the structure and function of the nervous system, is a multidisciplinary field encompassing neuroscience, molecular biology, cell biology, physiology and behavior. Research focuses on how the nervous system circuitry processes and facilitates behavior as well as generates thought and memory. In addition, studies also concentrate on impairment of the nervous system.
Bethyl’s neurobiology portfolio consists of more than 5,300 antibodies. All antibodies have been manufactured on-site by Bethyl scientists. Our rigorous validation process ensures that the antibody will work in the applications outlined on the datasheet. These applications include: Western blot, immunohistochemistry, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, proximity ligation assay, and ChIP. A Bethyl antibody is first validated for specificity in immunoprecipitation and/or western blot and if it passes our team will validate the antibody for additional applications. Our products are backed with a 100% guarantee to work in your assay, when used in under the same conditions outlined on the product datasheet, which provides confident, reliable results.
Bethyl sells a wide variety of antibodies for the study of neurobiology. Recent publications using our antibodies for neurobiology research include:
- Developing a new mouse model for ALS research that illustrates cell death in neurons after modification of a single gene1
- How expression of a mutant protein can lead to both ALS and dementia symptoms in mice2
- Identifying a function for BRD4 as a mediator for transcriptional regulation leading to the formation of memory and learning3
- Understanding the role of ubiquitin-dependent regulation in the determination of neural cell differentiation from stem cells 4
- Identifying a pathological role for an uncharacterized transmembrane protein in neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s5
Detection of mouse Nucleolin (red) in FFPE mouse olfactory bulb by IHC-IF. Antibody: Rabbit anti-Nucleolin (A300-711A). Secondary: DyLight® 594 conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (A120-201D4). Counterstain: DAPI (blue).
Detection of mouse IP3R1 in FFPE mouse cerebellum by IHC. Antibody: Rabbit anti-IP3R1 (A302-158A). Secondary: HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (A120-501P). Substrate: DAB.
Detection of Lamin-A/C (green) in FFPE mouse brain by IHC-IF. Antibody: Rabbit anti-Lamin-A/C (A303-430A). Secondary: DyLight® 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit (A120-201D2). Counterstain: DAPI (blue).
Below is the entire list of targets involved in neurobiology. Can’t find what you are looking for? Bethyl offers a custom antibody service.
1. Scekic-Zahirovic J, Oussini HE, Mersmann S, Drenner K, Wagner M, Sun Y, Allmeroth K, Dieterlé S, Sinniger J, Dirrig-Grosch S, et al. 2017. Motor neuron intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms contribute to the pathogenesis of FUS-associated amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Acta Neuropathol. Jun;133(6):887-906. [Bethyl antibodies used: FUS Antibody (A300-302A & A300-294A), HDAC1 Antibody (A300-713A)]
2. Vernay A, Therreau L, Blot B, Risson V, Dirrig-Grosch S, Waegaert R, Lequeu T, Sellal F, Schaeffer L, Sadoul R, et al. 2016. A transgenic mouse expressing CHMP2Bintron5 mutant in neurons develops histological and behavioural features of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia. Hum Mol Genet Aug 1;25(15):3341-3360. [Bethyl antibody used: FUS Antibody (A303-839A)]
3. Korb E, Herre M, Zucker-Scharff, Darnell RB, Allis CD. 2015. BET protein Brd4 activates transcription in neurons and BET inhibitor Jq1 blocks memory in mice. Nat Neurosci. Oct;18(10):1464-1473. [Bethyl antibodies used: BRD2 Antibody (A302-583A), BRD3 Antibody (A302-368A), BRD4 Antibody (A301-985A100). Please note that the BRD2 and BRD3 antibodies have not been validated by Bethyl for use in ChIP and as such Bethyl cannot guarantee results as published in this paper.]
4. Werner A, Iwasaki S, McGourty CA, Medina-Ruiz S, Teerikorpi N, Fedrigo I, Ingolia NT, Rape M, et al. 2015. Cell-fate determination by ubiquitin-dependent regulation of translation. Nature. Sep 24;525(7570):523-527. [Bethyl antibodies used: NOP56 Antibody (A302-720A), NOP58 Antibody (A302-719A), ATRX Antibody (A301-045A), PCM1 Antibody (A301-149A)]
5. Satoh J, Kino Y, Kawana N, Yamamoto, Y, Ishida T, Saito Y, Arima K. 2014. TMEM106B expression is reduced in Alzheimer’s disease brains. Alzheimers Res Ther. 6(2):17. [Bethyl antibody used: TMEM106B Antibody (A303-439A)]